Pure Baseball Community

Community for Pure Baseball members
in Search

Anyone have any success installing the PB Games files since the season started ?

Last post 04-16-2015, 11:33 PM by Jerry Fryman. 0 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  04-16-2015, 11:33 PM 7283

Anyone have any success installing the PB Games files since the season started ?

I sent a email to technical but wanted to verify if anyone for whatever reason has had to reinstall the PB Game files to play the games recently ?

I just want to see if the PB game download files are corrupted or something else is going on. Here is the message that I sent Techincal.

Hello,

I installed a new hard drive a few months back. So for the new season I had to reinstall the PB game files. I have had to reinstall this download game file many times over the years so I knew something was wrong right away. When I click on "Get Game" then "Download", I choose Save to Desktop. The PB44Inst.exe icon appears as normal. I then click on the Icon to install and I get the Pure Baseball by Reality Sports Inc. screen with the high lighted options to either "Finish or Cancel". I click Finish and the install bar flashes on the screen then disappears in about a 1/2 second. Nothing else happens as the install didn't complete. If I remember correctly I should seen a animated screen of files being downloaded into a folder. I have searched my drive and No PB folder was created.
    I have Win 8.1 64 bit and have run it correctly on the same computer the past few years. I tried the compatibility modes but also No help. So I went to another Win 8.1 PC and tried to install the PB game and got the same results.
    I tried opening the PB44Inst.exe with a Zip extractor program and could see the PB44Inst folder with  5 files and a .rsrc Folder. That folder contains 7 Folders and a string.text  wordpad that I have attatched to this email. It shows a number of problems with the download/install. Corrupted files, ect.
    I have tried to reinstall many times with No luck. I disabled Nortons Anti-virus just in case with also No luck. Can you get a good download from your end or is their a problem with the download game file ?
View as RSS news feed in XML