Pure Baseball Community

Community for Pure Baseball members
in Search

UPDATE of PB game and PB web environement started! Please read!

Last post 07-24-2017, 3:14 PM by Jerry Fryman. 13 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-07-2016, 3:36 PM 7386

UPDATE of PB game and PB web environement started! Please read!

To all PB managers:

We are happy to announce that PB will enter the 21st century after all.

The new game will employ all the sabremetrics currently available from our partner, Baseball Info solutions.
    We will also provide WEB content from RotoWire and perhaps other sources.

The game will be played on the host and will be a championship environment in every way.
    PB will be available on smart phone.

Because it will be a host based game, many new features will be possible;

In game viewing of all games, optional 2
    player games, restarts if YOUR computer fails or freezes, out of town scores within your stadium and on league page, more interesting graphics and stadium design, and many more surprises.

We are shooting for SPRING off 2017 so draft well this spring!

Good luck to all in the drafts!
    Rookie Draft starts March 16
    FA draft starts March 30.

Mike Bravard
    PB
  •  03-07-2016, 3:52 PM 7387 in reply to 7386

Re: UPDATE of PB game and PB web environement started! Please read!

Rookie Draft was scheduled for March 9.  You have pushed it back a week?

•  03-07-2016, 6:10 PM 7388 in reply to 7386

Did Draft Dates Change?

Thought Rookie Draft was March 9 and FA March 23???
  •  03-07-2016, 6:17 PM 7389 in reply to 7388

Re: Did Draft Dates Change?

I checked with Jim Cutler who confirmed that Mike B. has postponed the drafts by one week each.
  •  03-08-2016, 10:46 PM 7394 in reply to 7386

I like the listed updates. I hope that they happen ASAP.  Yes');" title="Yes - Yes">
  •  03-09-2016, 7:26 PM 7395 in reply to 7394

Something about chickens and hatching comes to mind ....
  •  03-11-2016, 12:03 PM 7396 in reply to 7389

Re: Did Draft Dates Change?

I'm pleased the draft was pushed back a week.
  •  03-11-2016, 12:10 PM 7397 in reply to 7386

Play based on "all the sabermetrics" is huge. Great! Game available on "smart phone". Not sure if that means only android or both android & apple platforms.

All of it reported sounds good. Hoping it's done by kickoff of Trad League Season 2017. 

•  03-11-2016, 12:49 PM 7398 in reply to 7397

What about a Windows Phone ? Not that it's a big deal to me as I prefer the game on my PC.
  •  05-28-2016, 5:41 AM 7468 in reply to 7386

Help!!!

I'm a long time owner however I can't play games; Is the site locked up or is it just my account? If that's why then please tell me how much I'm behind so I can catch  up Thanks, Scott.

Filed under:
  •  05-28-2016, 5:46 AM 7469 in reply to 7386

Help please!!!

I'm a long time owner and I've brought people to play this game; but I have a problem: When I go to start a game or input my lineups; I can't; Now if this is some sort of ploy to get me to pay. Alright Tell me how much I owe and I'll work it out. Thanks, Scott.

•  05-28-2016, 4:13 PM 7471 in reply to 7469

Re: Help please!!!

I'm just guessing here, but if everything else is O.K. and you can't download/install the games client ? Is it being blocked by your Firewall/ anti virus program ? If so you would see a message to allow program to continue or something similar ? I have switched all my games to play on Google Chrome because With Win 10 I had a few late games crashes. I have never had one using Google Chrome while playing my games.
  •  05-29-2016, 5:33 PM 7472 in reply to 7471

Re: Help please!!!

I am having the same problem.  Tried to redownload/reinstall, cleared cache, reboot, etc. cannot begin games.  Can put in lineups but when game loads it doesn't actually boot up. I tried a different computer and was able to play two games.  First one went fine, Results of second one will not report, "cannot communicate with host."  Nothing wrong with my internet connection.  No help forthcoming from PB despite reporting problem 3 weeks ago.

Ryan

•  07-24-2017, 3:14 PM 7572 in reply to 7472

Re: Help please!!! - PB Game Client Download Link

Hi Ryan,

I could be wrong as my memory isn't the best but I'm thinking someone from PB had to send me a download link to re-install the PB game client. I can't recall his name but he has handled some of PB Program problems in the past. You might want to get more help but I believe I deleted the current corrupted PB program in the "Add or Remove Programs"  section on my PC. Then I reinstalled the PB game client. I'm thinking that fixed it but it has been a while. Hope the link still works ? I Googled it.    Try the download here.   http://www.purebaseball.com/Community/files/3/current/default.aspx

View as RSS news feed in XML