Pure Baseball Community

Community for Pure Baseball members
in Search

2017 Rookie Draft Commish List...

Last post 03-16-2017, 11:55 AM by KenG. 1 replies.
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  •  03-15-2017, 9:24 PM 7515

2017 Rookie Draft Commish List...

From looking at all the rookie draft leagues up to F18, I have discerned the commish list for the 2017 draft.

While waiting to get the draft going, I looked at each league's round 1 rookie order list, and made a note of each slot without a submitted draft list.

Once the draft ran, I noted which picks went to the teams without a draft list, presumably off the commish's list.

So, interesting to see how the commish valued the prospects (which was different from my list):

1) Benintendi  ................................................................................................................................

2) T.Story ...........................................................................................................................................................

3) Moncada ..........................................................................................................................................................

4) Bregman ...........................................................................................................................................................

5) Fulmer ...............................................................................................................................................................

6) Swanson ...........................................................................................................................................................

7) Alex Reyes (he did not make any of my top 20 lists) .........................................................................................

8) W.Contreras ........................................................................................................................................................

9) Taillon (not a top 10 pick for me) .........................................................................................................................

10) O.Arcia (not even on my 62 person draft list) (good field, no hit type guy though I could be wrong.) ................

My take on Reyes was his injury made him a 50 IP pitcher with the following season off.  Who knows when he'd be back.  I have carried Dylan Bundy on one team for 2-3 years and I wasn't going to take a pitcher knowing he just had TJ surgery.

Taillon was on all my lists around picks 12-15.

Arcia was behind Story, Swanson, A.Diaz at SS in my thought.

Comments welcome! 

•  03-16-2017, 11:55 AM 7521 in reply to 7515

Re: 2017 Rookie Draft Commish List...

Funny but most publications still have Reyes as top 10 even after Tommy John.   I had him around 15 overall.   Taillion was 10/11 for me.   Arcia is over valued here, had him about 30. But looks like I had Mazara overvalued as I had him in my top 5.
View as RSS news feed in XML